Blog Posts

Friday, September 25, 2015

Hanging Up My Sword - Spoken Poetry


Have discovered this utterly cool poetry lovin' & spoutin' group in KL, "If Walls Could Talk," in this amazingly dim joint of a place called Gaslight Cafe. It's like artistic heaven. Hahaha.

I challenged myself to do it. What? Yes, after 20 years as a closet poet, I'm finally comin' out, and not only that, I'm declaring to all who will hear (and say what?) that I am publishing A POETRY BOOK. 

So, this was my first attempt to share my writing in public, and also to speak it aloud ( with the minimum-est of performance). The paper is there in case I forget the words...

I found that I kinda enjoyed doing it, even though I wondered if my poetry was good enough for others to understand and like it. 

After all, I'm just giving up excuses NOT to publish THE book. So, judgements aside, the slogan now is "just do it."

#poetry #thentruelovecomes #book #publishing #poet #author #poem #hangingupmysword #performancepoetry #spokenword

No comments:

Post a Comment