Blog Posts

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Making of "Then True Love Comes"


This poem, "Then True Love Comes" are the lyrics I put to a song I composed years ago. 

After going around for years asking if anyone could help me write lyrics in Chinese, I decided then that I would just write them myself in English. What the heck! The world is round. 

And now this would also serve as the title of the poetry book I am planning to publish. And while discussing about a title for the book, I told my friend, A, about an episode that happened to me the night before...

I had gone with an associate to meet other friends of his for drinks. So, while chatting and getting acquainted, talking about possible plans, the one opposite of me, someone who was interested in teaming up together for business, B, had asked to see my palm. Well, it was a joyful night, with drinks flowing and endless conversations. I did not hesitate to show my palm to him in carefree impromptuness, without expecting any thunder-or-lightning moments. 

B took a quick look at my palm and promptly declared to my associate that it was alright for him to "follow me." Wow! 

Then, he took my palm again and said this to me: "You must trust, even if trusting in that someone is risky. Then, true love comes." 

Friend A whom I told this story to, jumped at the phrase "then true love comes." He promptly told me, "this is the title of your book."

I also modified the lyrics to my song, which now bears the same title.

I remembered B had repeated it then. "You must trust, even if trusting in that someone is risky. Then, true love comes."  

At first, I questioned his words. What? Trust in someone even if it's risky to? Do you know how many heartbreaks I've had? That makes no sense. You know how fragile our hearts are. And that's even worse in business. 

But after a moment, I began to see the picture. His message meant I had to open my heart and not just close it even before I get involved. Don't just turn away. Trust. Let someone in. 

I knew I had never done that before wholeheartedly. And that meant, I had never let myself know and experience who I am wholeheartedly.





No comments:

Post a Comment